The Social Network is set to be released on blu-ray and DVD in Australia on 2 March 2011.
On a fall night in 2003, Harvard undergrad and computer programming genius Mark Zuckerberg sits down at his computer and heatedly begins working on a new idea. In a fury of blogging and programming, what begins in his dorm room soon becomes a global social network and a revolution in communication. A mere six years and 500 million friends later, Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire in history… but for this entrepreneur, success leads to both personal and legal complications which The Social Network explores.
The film was based on the 2009 nonfiction book The Accidental Billionaires written by Ben Mezrich and adapted for screenplay by Aaron Sorkin. The film is directed by David Fincher and features an ensemble cast including Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Brenda Song, Armie Hammer, Max Minghella, Rashida Jones, Joseph Mazzello, and Rooney Mara.
The blu-ray contains the following special features:
- Audio Commentary with David Fincher
- Audio Commentary with Writer Aaron Sorkin & The Cast
- How Did They Ever Make a Movie of Facebook?: feature length documentary
- Angus Wall, Kirk Baxter and Ren Klyce on Post
- Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross and David Fincher on the Score
- In the Hall of the Mountain King: Reznor’s First Draft
- Jeff Cronenweth and David Fincher on the Visuals
- Ruby Skye VIP Room: Multi-Angle Scene Breakdown
The Social Network can be purchased online from the following retailers:
Prices correct at time of writing.